Information Collection and How it is used
- When you submit a quotation request we ask for a certain amount of personally identifiable information. This includes: your name, your email address and your telephone number.
- As part of a quotation request we also require additional information that may or may not be personally identifying. This includes: a company name (where applicable), a town/city name and a country name.
- Anglo automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie, the page you request and the page you came from.
- Anglo uses information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, research, and anonymous reporting.
IP Addresses are automatically reported to us by your browser each time you view a web page on the Anglo web site. Your IP address is also stored in our client quotation databases when you submit a quotation request to Anglo.
IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including:
- To diagnose or service technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP.
- To tailor automatic services based on geographic area or other information derived from your IP address. Aggregate information derived from IP addresses may also be reported to advertisers.
- To estimate the total number of users visiting the Anglo web site from specific geographical regions.
- To assist in auditing any suspicious or malevolent activity enacted on the Anglo web site.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site's servers and stored on your computer's hard drive.
- You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set.
- If you reject all cookies, you will still be able to use the Anglo web site, however, you may not be able to take full advantage of all the services.
- Anglo uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to:
- Access your information when you "sign in".
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using Anglo’s services.
- Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
- Conduct research to improve Anglo’s content and services.
- Advertisers or other entities do not have access to Anglo's cookies.
Web pages may contain an electronic file called a web beacon, that allows a web site to count users who have visited that page or to access certain cookies. Anglo uses web beacons to research certain usage and activities of the Anglo web site.
The information collected through these web beacons is used to find out more about our users, for more accurate reporting, improve the effectiveness of our marketing, and to make the Anglo web site better. No personally identifiable information is collected using these web beacons.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Our hatred for spam is difficult to articulate. We promise unreservedly never to share your email address with anyone without your explicit permission. In addition, Anglo does not rent or sell your personal information.
- Generally, Anglo does not share personal information about you with other people or non affiliated companies without your consent except to provide products or services you have requested and in the following circumstances:
- Anglo may be required to disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas, warrants, court orders or legal process or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- It may be necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities, including without limitation, fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Anglo’s terms and conditions, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
- Anglo may share demographic information with business partners, such as "57% of users who submit quotation requests work for Fortune 500 companies" or the like. No personally identifiable information will ever be used without your permission.
- All personal information and other data will be stored and processed in the United Kingdom and this information may be subject to the laws of these jurisdictions.
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- All personal information held by Anglo is password protected.
- In certain areas, Anglo uses SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
- All data collected by Anglo is stored and processed using its own web server hardware owned and operated by Anglo. Your data does not reside on a shared platform. This hardware is housed in the super computing facility at Manchester University and only Anglo authorised personnel have physical access to it.
Anglo may update this policy at any time for any reason. If there are any significant changes to how we handle personal information we will send a notice to the primary email address we have on file for you (if you have submitted a quotation request) or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
If you have questions or suggestions regarding this policy you can contact us at:
Anglo European Ltd.
Customer Care Dept. - Privacy
19 Brewery Road
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective Date: 30 March 2006